Scholarships are available, and are not for a fixed amount, but are designed to supply the additional funds a student’s family needs to send them on the program. The maximum amount the scholarship provides for LTYE is $5,000 and RANZSE is $1,000.
All students have to comply with the same application criteria, whether they receive a scholarship or not. It is felt the Rotary Club and the Rotary District 9520 Youth Exchange Committee will be less likely to be in any way influenced if they do not know a student is a scholarship applicant. We have therefore established a Scholarship Committee. Parents requesting a scholarship will be interviewed by the scholarship committee.
The assessment of the student’s family’s financial situation will be made before they are selected on their suitability to be an exchange student by a Rotary Club and the District Committee. These two latter groups of Rotarians have no knowledge that, among the students they are interviewing is someone approved for financial assistance by the Scholarship Committee.
Living in some countries (for LTYE) is cheaper than others- you can request a less expensive country.
Remember when working out costs, you will save about $5,000 by not having the costs of your child at home for a year.
- Money will only be given to families whose means are such that in spite of careful saving and some sacrifices on their part they cannot raise enough money to send their child away on exchange. An agreement stipulating the terms of the scholarship is signed by the student, the parents and the District Committee.
- The cost of the organised Rotary trip and some overseas spending money are to be borne in mind when assessing this.
- All countries offer a two or three week supervised trip for their exchange students. This is a wonderful trip but not compulsory in some countries. The cost of this trip varies but generally costs between $1,500 and $3,000 and is an additional cost for the student’s parents.
- Only students who have made a genuine effort to save and have earned some money themselves towards the trip will be eligible.
- If there are more worthy applicants in a year than funds available, distribution will be based on the ability of getting maximum attendees on the program.
As well as completing a Financial Assistance Scholarship Application you will need to complete and submit an Online Rotary Youth Exchange Expression of Interest and ultimately a Youth Exchange Application Form. Application closing dates for Scholarship applications are 15th April. Expressions of Interests for LTYE close 30th April for RANZSE 31st June.
Read the form carefully and be sure you have all the information you will need ready before you start. You have up to 60 minutes to complete and submit the form before your session times out, and if that happens you will need to go to this website in a new browser window and start again.
- Long Term Youth Exchange (LTYE)
- Short Term Exchange (RANZSE)
- The Exchange Experience
- Why Go With Rotary?
- Scholarship Scheme
- Youth Opportunity Grant
- Information for Prospective Applicants (LTYE)
- Application Process
- Student Rules
- Social Media Policy
- 10 Top Tips
- How will it affect my schooling in Australia?